Free Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People's Congressional Council

+2
The Pastafarian People
Meadowdale
6 posters

Go down

People's Congressional Council Empty People's Congressional Council

Post  Meadowdale Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 am

Since we have not been afforded counsel to our congressmen, all who wish can leave their ideas for or about Congress here. This can include new legislation, ideas for the constitution, ideas as to the formation of Congress itself or simply comments on the ruling bodies as a whole. We are the people, and we should hold our own counsel, independent of all oppression or control.

I for one propose a universal option for referendum. If we, the people, in a party of at least 4, dislike any decision made by Congress, the delegate, the President, or any other leader, then we are to be afforded the right to vote on this ourselves, as a whole.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

People's Congressional Council Empty Re: People's Congressional Council

Post  The Pastafarian People Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 am

I will second this proposal. You have the backing of the proud and noble Pastafarian nation.
The Pastafarian People
The Pastafarian People
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:01 am

I am wholly in favor of a public place for civilians to put forth their opinion. As such, I submit this for public scrutiny:

Braiiiiins Without Borders

MAINTAINS that you can never be to careful when it comes to zombies.

RECOGNIZES that the only good shot is a head shot.

PROPOSES that an international coalition strike-force be assembled whose sole mission is to keep the island of Lycentia free of Zombie Infestation.

AUTHORIZES that the task force should be trained in the most efficient and up to date hand to hand and Long-range combat methods in dealing with the undead menace, including, but not limited to, a curriculum based on the Zombie Survival Guide and the Zombie war verbal history World War Z by leading Zombie Research Expert Max Brooks.

NOTES that this only applies to the island-continent of Lycentia and that any other separate landmass is encouraged, but under this document not legally obligated to, for a similar group.

DECREES that the strike-force is to enter a nation only if one or more of these conditions are met:
a) The Free Society Congress has given a simple majority approval to enter a nation with a still-
functioning government, and that government consents.
b) The Free Society Congress has given a 2/3rds approval to enter a nation with a still-functioning
government that resists aid.
c) The Free Society Congress deems the area to be infested to the point of making the nations
government non-functioning or illegitimate, to be determined by a simple majority vote.

FURTHER PROPOSES that this task force be given free reign to act without orders and cross international borders if Congress is unable to meet, or unable to reach a definite conclusion in a timely manner, with a full investigation into the squad’s activities to follow.

REAFFIRMS that clause b) exists to ensure that selfish or stubborn nations do not cause other nations to be in danger because of their unwise actions, and that clause c) exists to ensure that in the event that some group utilizes a zombie outbreak to their advantage to take control of a country’s government, they will not stand in the way of controlling the crisis.

REQUESTS that any evidence uncovered by the strike-force involving illegal biological or nuclear weapons, or any evidence of experimentation employing the undead or the zombie-causing virus Solanum, be considered lawfully discovered, with the squad enjoying full warrant, search and seizure powers so that such evidence may be used in an international court to bring those that would endanger their neighbors in such a way to justice.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 am

Also, I would like to note that the referendum proposition would have to be passed by law in Congress, or incorperated into the Constitution.

I am against such a proposition at this time for the sole reason that it would turn into Mob Rule and there would be no point to having elected Congressmen.

Referendum should come FROM Congressmen by way of reaction to Public Opinion.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:04 am

I am in favor, however, I would like to expand this bill to include the realm of velociraptors. They are certainly one of our most potent foes. This would include distributing literature on the subject, creating an additional strike force (genetically altered, of course). Like zombies, raptors DO NOT FEEL FEAR. We must take care of this. Fire is shown to be somewhat effective.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Pastafarian People Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 am

I agree with Meadowdale, but 4 is to small of a number I would want at least 8-9 members for the referendum proposition to be used. 8-9 would show that the majority of the population is against the decision. With the higher number it keep a small group from deciding everything. Also I would like to quote John Locke from The Two Treatises of Civil Government, "yet the legislative being only a fiduciary power to act for certain ends, there remains still in the people a supreme power to remove or alter the legislative, when they find the legislative act contrary to the trust reposed in them: for all power given with trust for the attaining an end, being limited by that end, whenever that end is manifestly neglected, or opposed, the trust must necessarily be forfeited, and the power devolve into the hands of those that gave it, who may place it anew where they shall think best for their safety and security."
The Pastafarian People
The Pastafarian People
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:37 am

He was speaking of elections, and voting out corrupt legislators and voting in those the people felt could be trusted. I couldn't be more for that!
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Pastafarian People Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 am

Well Mr. Big-shot Congressman why don't you work on some form of a basic social contract? So we as citizens know our relationship to the regions government.
The Pastafarian People
The Pastafarian People
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:52 am

IM DOING IT!.....but im tired

I'll have it up sometime tomorrow.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:25 am

Aidsboat Nation wrote:IM DOING IT!.....but im tired

I'll have it up sometime tomorrow.

Okay, well zen take a nap.....BUT ZEN FI-ER ZE MISSILES!
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

http://www.myspace.com/Pikuni_Siksika_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:53 pm

i think a set num of ppl would be obsolete when are region gets large we must settle on a fraction in which the public will over turn a decision
THeOutland
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 pm

* I think a set number of people would be obsolete when our region gets large. We must settle on a fraction in which the public will over turn a decision.

Grammar's still messed up, but I fixed most of it.

And considering we don't really have that many people currently, a set number is fine. And when we do gain members, many of them are booted out for not joining the forums, so the population stays somewhat stagnant. Plus, a lot of those who do join are not active, so it's kind of redundant to change it right now.

And pasta, I think 8-9 is too high, because that' sabout 2/3 of the active population. Every once else is either President, VP, or a Congressman >_>

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:35 pm

THeOutland wrote:i think a set num of ppl would be obsolete when are region gets large we must settle on a fraction in which the public will over turn a decision
Maybe a set number of people per new island, if that makes sense
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:37 pm

Well, if we take colonies on other islands, would that influence the number of votes we possess? I.e let's say I possess my home nation, a colony on island b and a colony on island c, do I have three votes in the process?

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Meadowdale wrote:Well, if we take colonies on other islands, would that influence the number of votes we possess? I.e let's say I possess my home nation, a colony on island b and a colony on island c, do I have three votes in the process?
If you have a colony or an outpost, I think you should have a set number of "extra" votes either based on your colonie's population or based on whether or not you allow you colonies to vote at all. So, say you have six colonies for whatever reason; I don't think you should get six extra votes because people may start building colonies just for the votes. Perhaps we can limit it to one or two extra as a limit.
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 pm

That Colony Counting option sounds VERY dangerous - Likely to start a land rush and border wars.

Lets wait a bit, and I'll write up something Social Contract-esque to slip into the Constitution, so it's super legit. Just need a little time. I'll play with the numbers thing.Gott give me a break, I'm supposed to be on Vacation Wink
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Batiska Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 am

I read carefuly your concerns in yor first topics, and I invite you to look at the Congress / proposal section. I did a clarification and wrote a proposal. this proposal is not already submitted to the Congress. I know I can do it, but it is not in the spirit of a democratic process. I don't see why i will decide by myself to submit my own proposal.
Batiska
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down