Free Society Cartogrpahy

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Free Society Cartogrpahy

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Apanii wrote:I can start regional trade in marijuana and zebra cakes with Haightstock Very Happy

Fuck yes! Trade Agreement?

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:10 pm

I can haz too? That would be essential for our "brownie" market. Very Happy

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 pm

apparently my country is only drug free one

tho we drink more than the Irish , Germans, and all the world collage kids combined
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:05 am

I think we need to draft a Jamaican Gold Trade Agreement Very Happy
Apanii
Regular Contributor

http://www.myspace.com/Pikuni_Siksika_Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Something we can all agree on Very Happy
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:10 pm

So we have F, K, and L left.

Lower Land
Admin

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 pm

move this trade agreement you are talking about to minster of economy
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm

It wasn't really serious talk

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:15 pm

lol i wanted this region to be as open and free as possible and if the members wanted a legal drugs trade. then god dam,i wanted to help them make it

Last edited by THeOutland on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:47 am

Haightstock, Apanii and Lower Land all share part of a lake with F. Shall we divvy up the waters now and change it when someone claims F, or shall we wait? Also, Apanii shares another lake with Lower Land. How shall we divide it up and what to you propose we name it?
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:39 pm

A thread has been posted regarding trade with Haightstock for any interested countries in the minister of economy. Now back to maptalk. With control of the lake, I have an idea. Since F is not claimed, why not make F a gigantic nature reserve or open it up for homesteading for everybody? Or both...

I suggest Apanii, Lower Land, and Haightstock will draw up an agreement for use of the lake. Since it's water, any pollution from any country will end up contaminating the lake, so environmental controls should be made and also make sure overfishing will not happen. If we are to divvy up the waters, I suggest, finding the center of the lake and then extending the borders of our countries (including F) to meet up at the lake's centers.

Is this good? And what's the lake's name.

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 pm

if Fis last to be unclaimed, can i recommend that goes to the government it would be fitting that the veretans have government center on there Continent, the land could then prove resources to government instead of taxes doing the job and the land could be used to aid troubled nations with areas to send unemployed/refugees/etc.
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:42 pm

To: the Honorable Minister of Trade and Economics
From: The desk of the President Marina Awo'taanitsi Medicine Shield

Subject: Unclaimed land sharing borders with: Batiska, Haightstock, Apanii and Lower Land

I'm not sure how I feel about empty land being allotted for regional governmental use. If it were to be made a place for refugees, I can already see the waters being polluted with Creator knows what. Her Royal Majesty, Queen Sarai Otahkoapi'si Aakiiksi Crowfoot's official stance on refugees is to house them within Apanii's borders. Rosie Day Rider, matriarch of the Grand Elder's council, believes the land may be intended to be persevered but will most likely become polluted if turned into a massive refugee camp.

Apanii's previous Queen and current Adviser to the Queen; HRM June Piitamakan Wolf Collar III worries that if refugees were to be placed on neutral terretory and not within the borders of a particular nation; the refugees could mistake it as an act of, and I quote from last night's meeting:

"wishy-washyness, an inability to fully support a cause your nation believes in by taking the oppressed and discarded within your own nation. Where will we take them from? All over Licentia? All over the world? What's to stop someone from claiming refugee status, or for a collection of people living there to create their own country, one that may be in direct opposition to the ideals of Free Society. It would serve us right, they would be of our own creation."

The former Queen then went on to express her disapproval about using the natural resources of the as yet unnamed land as a form of tax payment.

"I am not worried about a mass refugee camp." Apanii's current Queen, HRM Sarai said just before the close of the meeeting. "I worry more about using the natural resources of Licentia to pay a tax. If the land were claimed, that would be one thing; but how are we to decide which minerals to take? Who would receive the resources and how can we be sure they will be used for the greater good of Licentia and Free Society?

What is to really stop anyone from stripping the land, or for adjacent nations to live beyond our means in terms of natural resources because there is a wealth of resources in the unclaimed land?"

I have spoken to the Queen at length about the idea, and she has said she will vote in favor of Haightstock's idea of a reserve and when another nation comes to claim the land; it should be given up in favor of that particular nation.

Honorable Minister, we of Apanii kindly suggest that you expand on your ideas for the empty land and we also wish to hear the opinions of Lower Land and Batiska who are adjacent before we agree to submit an idea to the President.

Regards,
President Marina Awo'taanitsi Medicine Shield
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Haightstock wrote:A thread has been posted regarding trade with Haightstock for any interested countries in the minister of economy. Now back to maptalk. With control of the lake, I have an idea. Since F is not claimed, why not make F a gigantic nature reserve or open it up for homesteading for everybody? Or both...

I suggest Apanii, Lower Land, and Haightstock will draw up an agreement for use of the lake. Since it's water, any pollution from any country will end up contaminating the lake, so environmental controls should be made and also make sure overfishing will not happen. If we are to divvy up the waters, I suggest, finding the center of the lake and then extending the borders of our countries (including F) to meet up at the lake's centers.

Is this good? And what's the lake's name.

Now that I zoomed into the map more closely, I see that Lower Land does not share the first lake with Apanii and Haightstock. The first lake is between the unclaimed land, Haightstock and Apanii whereas the second is between Apanii and Lower Land.

I think we will have to hold off on deciding the fate of the lake for now as it borders the unclaimed land and we should see what we're going to do with that before we proceed. What are you thoughts on the empty land beneath Haightstock? The Queen has expressed interest in your idea of preserving the land, but should a new nation become interested in it, she has suggested that the land be given up for their use. What say you?
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:28 pm

that was a uber speech but i believe i was misunderstood. look i my office for other option in this plan but i want ,unless another nation claims this land, for the land to be made in to a regional capital where our capital city would be. with the natural resources issue, i said that the be collect the use in government improvements to the region as a whole instead of taxing it's nations and with the refugees or workers or whoever that can be easily remove from equation. i said that so the area could have a more liberal use. regional protected forests can be made inside area certainly if it is capital which will make area look better and more like a great place but i don't see why an area larger than my nation has to be completely made in to one
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 pm

I propose making the small island off of the coast of D our Regional Capital and headquarters, and making it a shared territory (or independent governing district, Like Washington DC).

(Appologies to whoever has D....don't have tome to look it up, kinda busy)
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Batiska on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:56 am

Good idea. What do you think about "Esperanza"
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 am

i agree and independent district there would be great. and bas name choice would be great i think. just to put another name choice Freigrad. this is assembled from different languages but it means free city another that just sounds cool ,Stromgrad, but i think WoW uses this name
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 am

*Stormgard and yeah they do. But kinda too fantasy-ish for a modern game. What about Ithaka?

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

it was stromgard and yah they had stromgarda and ithaka sounds to much like Ithaca from the Odysseus
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Well that's the idea haha. It's a pretty neat name.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Haightstock agrees with Aidsboat to use the island for the regional capital provided that a portion of the island's habitat is preserved in a parks system for recreation use for citizens who reside in the new city. If so, we will provide building material and willing citizens to help build the new capital.

Also, Haightstock cartographers have noticed that the lake is actually between the unclaimed land and Apanii. It's barely noticeable, our cartographers had to look at the map until their noses touched it.The unclaimed land actually separates our country from the lake. As such, we have no say over the lake though it would be nice if it was kept clean. As for the unclaimed land, Haightstock will leave it alone for now until we can decide what to do with it..

Back to top Go down

Post  The Pastafarian People on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:13 pm

The Great Pastafarian would like to claim F if no other nations have a problem with this choice.

Also I agree with Aidsboat on the creation of a small island to use as our Regional Capital, and I like Meadowdale's suggestion of Ithaka for the name of the capital.
The Pastafarian People
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Haightstock has no problem and is glad there is now a use for F.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:22 pm

The Pastafarian People wrote:The Great Pastafarian would like to claim F if no other nations have a problem with this choice.

Also I agree with Aidsboat on the creation of a small island to use as our Regional Capital, and I like Meadowdale's suggestion of Ithaka for the name of the capital.
With all but the east coast of our island claimed, I present to you my fellow Free Society, the first
political map.
Would anyone be opposed to a separate FSCS forum?
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top