Campaigning

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 pm

The Candidates are:

Lower Land (Incumbent)
Meadowdale (DS)
Gramstandard (PP)
Fonzirelli (AC)
Aidsboat (I)

Begin the Campiagn


Last edited by Lower Land on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Well, if I am reelected President, I will, for the most part, continue my current policies. But, I will take want the people want into consideration more than I did in my current term. I will also continue my policy of having raids. Raids contribute to the power of Free Society. The more power we have the quicker we can be at the top.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:11 pm

If you, the people of Free Society, choose to honor me by electing me President, I will do my best to expand the roleplaying aspects of the game. Any and all ideas that could add depth to the NationStates, and more importantly, Free Society, experience will be welcomed with open arms. I will also try to slim down the government slightly, leaving most issues to Congress (which I will expand btw). Ministerial positions will be, by and large, removed and replaced with a place where citizens can talk about that particular aspect of FS and decide what they would like to do with it.

Most of my work will be spent internally. I feel raids should not be our priority right now. Unless we commit all of our forces to them, they will most likely fail. I will support and lend aid to any raid the people feel we should undertake, but I will not initiate my own unless it seems to be imperative.

If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:19 pm

To the point of abolishing the Ministeries, that is a bad idea. We need the Ministries. Provided they do thier job well, they help out the government a great deal. They are the head of whatever department they are the Minister of. Of course we can have a place where the people discuss what should go on. But as for abolishing the Ministries, that is nowhere near nessicary.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:17 pm

I simply meant that they would be removed as they are now; for the time being. I would wait to see how it goes, then select a person from amongst the regular posters who seems to be the most capable in their field. Other positions might just cease to exist. For example, my job didn't really require much. It was mostly a title only: everyone recruits, I was basically just the 'l33t hax0rz numba 1 recruiter lolol'. I'll be the first to admit I didn't really have to do anything there. It was cake.

Others, however, such as Apanii, have done very well for themselves as ministers. She has contributed a lot to the forum in the culture section and for that reason, she would keep her job.

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, your position did require a lot. For example the new telegram I asked you to draft, or finding possibly allies, both of which you failed to do. Currently all positions in Free Society require a lot of work, and all should stay. I also think we should add on some positions. For example, a Minister of War, who will schedule the raids we will have under my Administration. He will hunt out possible targets. Schedule when the raid will take place, and he will be the one we endorse when we do begin a raid. I will also create another department, one similar to something I proposed when we first started out. I will create a Justice Department, for those who break Free Society Law. Also, let me just say that I will not do much as President during this election. I feel that it would not be entirely fair to do much while I am running for Reelection. I will only do things that require my urgent attention as President.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Well just because one or two asshats say they don't like our telegram does not mean we should reconstruct it entirely to fit a simpler population. Our current draft has done very well and honestly I wouldn't want the kind of player who can't take the time to read a small paragraph. As for your allies comment, I don't recall being asked to do anything of the sort. Regardless, you seemed to take care of that just fine, adding an ally without asking any of us. But you know, whatever.

As for adding more positions, that's one of the things that's wrong with Free Society right now. There is already a minister-choked morass of government that we don't need. A Minister of War is entirely unnecessary; we should fix any internal problems and make sure everything is established and in working order before we decide to go raid targets. At most, we should be doing an occasional one here and there, not enough to in any way require a Minister for that specific act.

The Justice Department is also unnecessary and tbh, overbearing. Every nation that makes up Free Society has their own set of laws to govern them. Anything else would be handled by the World Assembly, and our Delegate already informs us about these issues and their resolutions. Anything else would be your views that you would like to impose upon us. Free Society is a coalition of independent nations, working together under a common idea, but governing themselves as they will.

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:00 pm

Well, first I did ask you to find us some allies, and to the point about me "take care of that just fine", it wasnt my job. And I asked you to draft a new one so that we could try it out and see which one was more effective. Then we would use the one that was more effective.

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

And that is also why I will propose a Minister of Internal Affairs. To go along with Diplomatic Affairs. DA will of course work abroad, while IA will work here at home. Same with War and Defense. War stratigizing abroad and Defense straitigizing her at home.

Every position/department I propose has an important job to do within Free Society, and is very nessacary.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Batiska on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 pm

The debate is hot. First, I hope to see a speech from other candidates.

For you Meadowdale and LowerLand who already made your speech, what is your opinion about the fact of being or not member of the forum as mandatory for a member of FSR?

Also, who is in charge to managed this election? Is it Lowerland who is also candidate? Sounds strange if it is the case, no?
avatar
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Posts : 132
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Lower Land wrote:Well, first I did ask you to find us some allies, and to the point about me "take care of that just fine", it wasnt my job. And I asked you to draft a new one so that we could try it out and see which one was more effective. Then we would use the one that was more effective.

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

And that is also why I will propose a Minister of Internal Affairs. To go along with Diplomatic Affairs. DA will of course work abroad, while IA will work here at home. Same with War and Defense. War stratigizing abroad and Defense straitigizing her at home.

Every position/department I propose has an important job to do within Free Society, and is very nessacary.

The not your job part was kinda my point dude. >_> As for the letter, maybe I was a touch lazy on that. But I was on vacation and our current letter has been ridiculously successful.

In the laws discussion, I don't think our President should have the right to impose his idea of justice on all of us. I for one am not a big fan of police states/tyranny. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

For this last bit, eye of the beholder. Internal Affairs was actually in the description of my job already and traditional the SecDef handles all forms of military; not just defending us, but attacking our enemies as well.

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 pm

batiska wrote:The debate is hot. First, I hope to see a speech from other candidates.

For you Meadowdale and LowerLand who already made your speech, what is your opinion about the fact of being or not member of the forum as mandatory for a member of FSR?

Also, who is in charge to managed this election? Is it Lowerland who is also candidate? Sounds strange if it is the case, no?

I feel that it should not be mandatory. If someone would like to participate in the game with us, then they are welcome to. However if they just want to chill by themselves and play the game as it would be found only on the site itself, that's up to their discretion too.

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:33 pm

I feel that it should not be the responsibility of the president of Free Society to regulate such things, it should be that of the ministry to deal with any and all issues, until they are unable to. I feel that the role of the president should be that of a sort of a "hands off" monitoring approach, in which he oversees the region's progress until which point something causes infringement upon regional development, or the well being of a member nation.

As far as raids go, I strictly do not believe that no nation, under any circumstance should be turned away. It sends a bad message, as the "government of Free Society, which extradites nations by the dozen for failure to comply." Its just not a good policy, and I feel that it is up to the nation to determine which region it will or will not belong to, not of the regional government. Six nations do not sixty four make.

I believe that Free Society should not be a center of politics and policy, but a place which encourages the development of all tings equally, for and by the population, which actually contribute something. Those who don't are irrelevant, let them be on their own.
avatar
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Posts : 182
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:21 pm

batiska wrote:The debate is hot. First, I hope to see a speech from other candidates.

For you Meadowdale and LowerLand who already made your speech, what is your opinion about the fact of being or not member of the forum as mandatory for a member of FSR?

Also, who is in charge to managed this election? Is it Lowerland who is also candidate? Sounds strange if it is the case, no?

I really want everyone to be registered, I really think that everyone should be registered, but unfortunetly, I dont not think we should force people to register. It would go against our principles. It also cuts down our population. We would have been in the top 100 regions a long time ago if we never had that law in the first place.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Meadowdale wrote:
Lower Land wrote:Well, first I did ask you to find us some allies, and to the point about me "take care of that just fine", it wasnt my job. And I asked you to draft a new one so that we could try it out and see which one was more effective. Then we would use the one that was more effective.

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

And that is also why I will propose a Minister of Internal Affairs. To go along with Diplomatic Affairs. DA will of course work abroad, while IA will work here at home. Same with War and Defense. War stratigizing abroad and Defense straitigizing her at home.

Every position/department I propose has an important job to do within Free Society, and is very nessacary.

The not your job part was kinda my point dude. >_> As for the letter, maybe I was a touch lazy on that. But I was on vacation and our current letter has been ridiculously successful.

In the laws discussion, I don't think our President should have the right to impose his idea of justice on all of us. I for one am not a big fan of police states/tyranny. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

For this last bit, eye of the beholder. Internal Affairs was actually in the description of my job already and traditional the SecDef handles all forms of military; not just defending us, but attacking our enemies as well.

The not my job part was also my point. The fact that I had to do your job was what I was trying to get at.

And you admit that you were being lazy with your Ministrial duies, how do we know that you wont be lazy with your Presidential duties. And I relize that you were on vacation, but you could have drafted one after you got back.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:16 pm



The not my job part was also my point. The fact that I had to do your job was what I was trying to get at.

And you admit that you were being lazy with your Ministrial duies, how do we know that you wont be lazy with your Presidential duties. And I relize that you were on vacation, but you could have drafted one after you got back.
If the failure was on the part of the ministry, then you as president failed to do your executive duty to eliminate the cause for failure. While the minister may not have done the job to the best of his ability, you failed to do yours at all.

The president is not there to pass legislation, he is there to make sure things run smoothly. It's called the Executive Branch for a reason.
avatar
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Posts : 182
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Lower Land wrote:

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

Rather than attempting to resolve the matter of "how do we punish our criminals," why don't we focus on how we can work to encourage members not to break the law. It seems to me that you're planning ahead for laws which are not presently relevant. Why?

At that, should we, as individual members of this international community, be subjected to laws created by a central government? I think not.
avatar
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Posts : 182
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Gramstandard wrote:


The not my job part was also my point. The fact that I had to do your job was what I was trying to get at.

And you admit that you were being lazy with your Ministrial duies, how do we know that you wont be lazy with your Presidential duties. And I relize that you were on vacation, but you could have drafted one after you got back.
If the failure was on the part of the ministry, then you as president failed to do your executive duty to eliminate the cause for failure. While the minister may not have done the job to the best of his ability, you failed to do yours at all.

The president is not there to pass legislation, he is there to make sure things run smoothly. It's called the Executive Branch for a reason.

I expected Minister Meadowdale to eventually do his job.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Gramstandard wrote:
Lower Land wrote:

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

Rather than attempting to resolve the matter of "how do we punish our criminals," why don't we focus on how we can work to encourage members not to break the law. It seems to me that you're planning ahead for laws which are not presently relevant. Why?

At that, should we, as individual members of this international community, be subjected to laws created by a central government? I think not.

Of course we can engourge our members to abide by the law. But we dont know who we wll recruit in the future. Someday we might get a lawbreaker and we must be ready.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I expected Minister Meadowdale to eventually do his job.
But I expected you as president to do your job as well. That alone ultimately overshadows any ministerial shortcomings.
avatar
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Posts : 182
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Lower Land wrote:
Gramstandard wrote:
Lower Land wrote:

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

Rather than attempting to resolve the matter of "how do we punish our criminals," why don't we focus on how we can work to encourage members not to break the law. It seems to me that you're planning ahead for laws which are not presently relevant. Why?

At that, should we, as individual members of this international community, be subjected to laws created by a central government? I think not.

Of course we can engourge our members to abide by the law. But we dont know who we wll recruit in the future. Someday we might get a lawbreaker and we must be ready.
Why should we prepare ahead of time, to punish a potential criminal, who isn't even a member of our region yet?
avatar
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Posts : 182
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm sorry, do my job how? What job do I have? Create a dumb ass unnecessary draft for a letter that already works fine, but you want to change so you can please a n00b or two. I was never told at any time to look for potential allies, but ignoring that, there's the fact that I was having a discussion with the new ambassador before you deleted those posts for no apparent reason.

It's not really much of a job. This is a forum for a game; we do not need to have such a top-heavy government. Tbh, anything beyond Congress, President, VP and WA Delegate is a bit much, let alone all of these embassies. Don't blame me because you are obsessive over occupying our time with stupid objectives.

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Indeed. It does appear that regional activity dropped considerably following government inflation. Less is definitely more. Especially if we want to be known, not called, but known as a "Free Society."
avatar
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Posts : 182
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Meadowdale wrote:I'm sorry, do my job how? What job do I have? Create a dumb ass unnecessary draft for a letter that already works fine, but you want to change so you can please a n00b or two. I was never told at any time to look for potential allies, but ignoring that, there's the fact that I was having a discussion with the new ambassador before you deleted those posts for no apparent reason.

It's not really much of a job. This is a forum for a game; we do not need to have such a top-heavy government. Tbh, anything beyond Congress, President, VP and WA Delegate is a bit much, let alone all of these embassies. Don't blame me because you are obsessive over occupying our time with stupid objectives.

According to you, you did your job lazily (if that is a word). And it was not just to please a "n00b". Remember, you were a "n00b" at one time. And like I said, I had a good reason to ask you to do so. I wanted to see if you could draft one up that worked better than the one now. And I did ask you to look for allies. Twice if I am not mistaken.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Meadowdale on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

I was not a n00b. I was a newbie. Distinct difference. But I'm not here to talk about internet slang with you. When I'm President, I'll spend my time doing more important things.

As for your supposed requests, link?

Meadowdale
Admin

Posts : 221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Lower Land on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, I asked you to do that in a telegram.

Lower Land
Admin

Posts : 420
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-07-14
Location : New Haven, Connecticut, USA

http://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaigning

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum