Free Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaigning

+2
Meadowdale
Lower Land
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Campaigning - Page 2 Empty Re: Campaigning

Post  Gramstandard Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Gentlemen please, lets not get into all that mess. This isn't supposed to be about who didn't, its about who will, and who will the best.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Let me just say that THERE ARE 4 DAYS LEFT OF CAMPAIGNING

Lower Land
Admin

https://freesociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Gramstandard wrote:
Lower Land wrote:
Gramstandard wrote:
Lower Land wrote:

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

Rather than attempting to resolve the matter of "how do we punish our criminals," why don't we focus on how we can work to encourage members not to break the law. It seems to me that you're planning ahead for laws which are not presently relevant. Why?

At that, should we, as individual members of this international community, be subjected to laws created by a central government? I think not.

Of course we can engourge our members to abide by the law. But we dont know who we wll recruit in the future. Someday we might get a lawbreaker and we must be ready.
Why should we prepare ahead of time, to punish a potential criminal, who isn't even a member of our region yet?

I just liked to be prepared. So, if and when a lawbreaker comes (knock on wood) and we dont have a Justice Department when (s)he breaks the law, what do we rush and make an unprepared one, one that will work inefiontly. WE HAVE TO BE PREPARED!

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Lower Land wrote:
Gramstandard wrote:
Lower Land wrote:
Gramstandard wrote:
Lower Land wrote:

And some sort of Justice Department is completely nessacary. We have laws here. And there will be new laws that come about. So what happens if someones breaks one of thoses laws? What, we just overlook it? We ignore it? What do you propose we do for law breakers?

Rather than attempting to resolve the matter of "how do we punish our criminals," why don't we focus on how we can work to encourage members not to break the law. It seems to me that you're planning ahead for laws which are not presently relevant. Why?

At that, should we, as individual members of this international community, be subjected to laws created by a central government? I think not.

Of course we can engourge our members to abide by the law. But we dont know who we wll recruit in the future. Someday we might get a lawbreaker and we must be ready.
Why should we prepare ahead of time, to punish a potential criminal, who isn't even a member of our region yet?

I just liked to be prepared. So, if and when a lawbreaker comes (knock on wood) and we dont have a Justice Department when (s)he breaks the law, what do we rush and make an unprepared one, one that will work inefiontly. WE HAVE TO BE PREPARED!
If we don't have a Justice Department, there are no laws to be broken. I say abolish the Justice Department altogether, and deal with each trouble maker on an individual basis.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm sorry. I dont know if it's just me, but that makes no sense. At least not to me. So you are saying that we should not have laws? I could be missunderstanding what you are trying to say, but that is what I am inturpreting.

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, quite frankly, yes. It is not Free Society's job to limit its members' experience. Laws are enacted by the WA. If players wish to join the WA, then they can submit themselves to the laws of others. Beyond that, I don't feel we should have any. Furthermore, players make their own laws while playing the game.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm

WE CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!! Without laws, there might as well be no government. Because with no laws, there is no reason to have government to enforce laws because there are none. This is the most proposturous piece of campaigning I have ever witnessed. Including IRL.

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Fortunately, this isn't irl. But you know, THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS D00D. There's no need for laws here. What do Free Society members do on here that could conceivably contradict your code of ethics?

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 pm

It's not just "my code of ethics". It's future president's "code of ethics". If I win then decide not to run next election, who ever wins that election may have much more laws than I. He would want his/her laws to be abided by. And there is need for laws. Laws ensure that order is maintained. If we dont have order, than the region could fall.

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:44 pm

It is your code of ethics. I have yet to see anyone else who feels there is a need for anything other than a simple set of forum rules here. I actually haven't even seen that. It's unnecessary. What would the consequences be then? An infraction? A ban? Those would be regular forum procedures, which do not need a justice department, but a fucking mod or two.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:50 pm

That would be for the Justice Department to decide. And there are members that are sastified with my whole Administration. Just because a couple of people dont like my Presidecy, doesnt mean the whole region doesnt.

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fonzirelli Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't like the idea of a justice department. How do we regulate when someone does something against what would be our laws. Banning them would probably end up with them leaving and telling others of what we've installed. I also think that kind of thing can't just come about, it should be voted on by the people and the laws by Congress. That's if it is installed.

Fonzirelli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fonzirelli Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:10 pm

As far as my actual campaigning goes, everything described by batiska in the AC page is what I will install, or at least propose. All of these will be adopted except voting on a "Chairman" and his/her vice-"chairman". If elected I will be the Chairman. As explained next I will also do a little more than manage debates.

I'm all about making things the peoples choice and this means elections will be held quite a bit to determine the issues brought to my attention by the people. Not all of them will be voted on. I plan to view the problem and the solution proposed by said person. I will then have a discussion with my Vice President to decide whether or not this will be displayed and voted on. I will involve my VP with many of the things I will do. When it comes to the actual voting I will not have an edge in the vote, as agreed on in the AC article, everyone including the vice and I will have 1 vote.

I will also abolish all of the executive orders and make one of my own. The order will be all in Free Society MUST register in the forums. I don't care if we're in the top 100. I want people who want to discuss this rather than just control a nation. The other day, I don't know if you noticed, a member of ours left after being in the forums. It was Tadao. I asked him why he'd left. He told me he wasn't in to the role playing we're attempting. That will be all I ask for when I apply this order. Try and if you don't like the way we do this then you are free to leave. Yes, we'll lose more members than gained, but the ones gained will hopefully be the active ones like Meadowdale, apanii, gramstandard, and myself to na,e a few. Sorry if I left you out.

It would be a great pleasure to be elected as Free Society's leader and I will do my best to serve you. If you have any questions just post.

Fonzirelli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:21 pm

I have a question. So if this "Assembly" was created, would we still have a Congress?

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fonzirelli Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:30 pm

According to the AC page yes. To me if we do adopt the AC and the FSA there won't be a need for it really. I might keep it around to see if I can do anything with it, but i'll most likely abolish it. To me our congress hasn't done much, you may think different, but it is also very hard to coordinate votes with congress. All three members have to be on really and Aidsboat hasn't been on in awhile and neither has U.T. If FSA is adopted we will only need a few of the regular people to vote and things will be passed quicker and efficiently.

To answer your question most likely not it will probably be abolished.

Fonzirelli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fonzirelli Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Her's a copy of the AC page and what I plan to do.

1- A Free Society Assembly (FSA) is created.
2- All members registered to the Free Society Forum is members of FSA.
3- All members of FSA have 1 vote to the Assembly.
4- When this act adopted, the fist task of the Assembly will be to elect a Chairman of Assembly and a Vice Chairman of Assembly, based on a vote of 50%+1 for both of them.
5- The only role provided by this act to the Chairman and Vice-Chairman is to manage debates. The Assembly can add other roles to them and also other function.
6-The Congress will not discuss other details regarding FSA. It will be done by the Assembly.
7-When:
- an appropriate forum will be created for FSA
- a Chairman and Vice-Chairman will be elected
Congress will declare this Institution abolished.

Being member of the coalition will not disturb your National Thinking. You will just joined a team who wants to built a tool for a democratic expression of all members, and you!

Fonzirelli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm

For the record, putting an executive order on the forum telling people to join the forum is fucking retarded. I never understood how somebody would think of that, and would assume it would work. Not saying this to Fonz, because he's just going with the status quo of all executive orders, just in general.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 pm

You know, sometimes the status quo could be a good thing. Other times not so much. An example of the status quo being a good thing could be, me continuing as President.

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Well that was irrelevant and a shameless self-plug. But gg ;D

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lower Land Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Just using what I had Cool

But on a more serious note, I feel that the region has done great under my Administration. And I'm not just saying that because it was my Administration. During my time as PResident, we have seen massive populational growth, a very sucessful forum, and a lot of regional debate, that is extremely fun to follow, not just for me. My Administration has been extremely succsessful. Now of course I have made my share of mistakes, I am only human, and if I am elected, I will make more. I will not tell you I wont. But the people that are saying they disapprove of my Administration are only looking at my mistakes. I feel like Richard Nixon. Of course he made mistakes. Many mistakes, huge mistakes, most of which he should have never even thought about doing, but thats not the point. During his Administration, he greatly improved foreign relations. Even with countries that hate(d) us. Nixon was a greatly successful U.S. President, whose presidency is only looked at on the mistake angle. For those of us not U.S. citizens and do not know who Richard Nixon is, that doesnt really matter, the point is that he was a good president (not going to say great because he really wasnt) who's mistakes underminded his presidency which should not have happended.

Lower Land
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:02 am

I'm not interested in a president who runs on a platform of his mistakes.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:06 am

Likewise. Although it is a rather monumental platform, I must say.

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fonzirelli Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 am

Well played Meadowdale. I guess they would have to be on the forums to notice that, but it's the principle of the idea. It let's members know that I'm trying to make this work.

Also, while you're supposed to learn from your mistakes, some of the mistakes were the same and you didn't really learn from them the first time.

Fonzirelli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Batiska Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 am

Candidates seem very busy with "personal wars" and debates regarding how a President will exercise his "Power". Fonzirelli is the esception and promoting a real program for the comunity. This program is a respond to 2 unconfortable situation.

The Assembly
The assembly suggested is an answer to the need expressed by many members to have a voice. The assembly is not only a way to let know opinion, but to vote on the subject. The Assembly where the Region will take his important decision, including the election of the President. A president cannot go against the Assembly. This suggestion of an assembly is a major point, a great step for democratical life of the FS Region. The fact to see no real reaction from other candidates is a dangerous indicator for me. They seem serving their own interests mostly.

Other point, Congress is not required anymore. Look at point 7. Except if the Assembly decides it is required.

Being member of the foum
I agree with Fonz, but my own opinion is to let the Assemly to decide on that. Not by a census as done, but by a vote.
Whay I approved to make mandatory being member of the foum? Because nobody telll me the benefit for a member to stay in this region if he just want to answer to issues and looking at our homepage of the region. Not really excitting.

On the other hand, nobody tell me the benefit of being on the forum, where a lot of interesting things hapen, and having 50, 60, 70% of members of the region not there. Having a big region, in the top 100? what for? Do we haveany privilege from NationSates for that?

My vote will go to Fonz for sure. Fonz is the only one to take time to suggest real enhancement to the life of our region.

Please, members of the Society, if you want a voice, if you want to be involved in the Region's affairs,
vote for Fonzirelli.
Batiska
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Meadowdale Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:20 am

While Fonz has led a good campaign, toe-to-toe debates are a part of campaigning. Many people can form great plans, but the key to it is having your plans survive contact with the enemy. I basically stole that from a proverb, but meh

Meadowdale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next