Free Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diving for Grams

3 posters

Go down

Diving for Grams Empty Diving for Grams

Post  Gramstandard Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:45 am

Divers from a local scuba club have discovered an enormous underwater gold deposit that could be worth billions of grams in one of Gramstandard's lakes. It has also caused a huge debate over who should be allowed to plunder the goods.
An issue which applies directly to a new aspect of Free Society. Aidsboat, Batiska, how should we go about this?
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Diving for Grams Empty Re: Diving for Grams

Post  Batiska Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:57 am

When the news is talking about "in one of Gramstandard's lakes", I presume it is the lake we share together with Aidsboat?

If it is the case, it iis a good and a bad news. A good because it is a lot of money. A bad because it means the lake will have industrial activities. Recreational will be kick out.
Batiska
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 am

Hmmm.... interesting...

First and foremost, does Batiska and Gramstandard agree to split the proceeds three even ways if we do reach an agreement to excavate?

I think this could be a boon to our economies, but must be approached very carefully in order to preserve as much of the natural habitat as possible if we do exploit this resource.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Batiska Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 am

Midpoint (I saw it is the name of the lake now) is mostly in Batiska territory, but bounderies on water was not discussed.

National Congress of Batiska doen't want to start relationship with you on a conflict. So, this is what I suggest:

We will create a Corporation. The Midpoint Excavation Corporation. This corporation will be owned
1/3 Gramstandard
1/3 Aidsboat
1/3 Batiska

You can give your 1/3 interest to private enterprise of your contry or keep it. At Batiska, the government will keep his part.

this Corporation will have to deal with environemental and recreational considerations.

Also, to avoid any problem in future and preserving the lake, I think we must declare Midpoint lake itself a shared juridiction between us. this way, decisions regarding the lake itself will have to be agreed by at least 2 members.

what do you think?
Batiska
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:57 pm

While I think that's a pretty solid resolution, wasn't it agreed that this lake would be preserved? If that's the case, then Gramstandard's stance concerning the mining of gold is one of opposition.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Batiska Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:40 pm

yes, but this gold is an important source of revenue. The news is well known and illegal extraction will be performed if we do nothing.

My suggestion of a corporation was only if we want to go on that. If not, I have no problem to join a kind of ecology pact regarding the lake, including the fact the water is under our common juridiction.

This question is debated by populaton in Batiska and not all of them have the same opinion. New communications for Batiskan Press Agency proove that.
Batiska
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Looking at statistics, you're absolutely right. This discovery is rather significant, considering the state of this economic zone. Batiska, your economy is currently in a dire state. With a GDP per Capita of $79.76, and an unemployment rate of almost 15%, it becomes painfully clear that to not mine this gold would be a crime. That is why I would like to encourage the Midpoint Excavation Corporation, with emphasis on the development of the Batiskan economy. Gramstandard gives mining a green light.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I agree with Gramstandard, and who of us couldn't use a little land. But, just so we all know, I will be setting up an independent Governmental Environmental Agency so ensure that the Corporation is taking all possible steps to preserve what ecology can be saved.

If the Corperation is found to be engaging in practices that are unsound or excessively dangerous to Midpoint Lake, My government may have to step in and temporarily stall excavation until a proper inqury and ruling can be made.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 am

Similar precautions will be taken by Gramstandard.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Batiska Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:52 am

I agree with you.
Do we need to makea formal Act?
is there a placce in the forum for members publishing inter-nations agreements where not all the region is not involved? Maybe it will be interesting?
Batiska
Batiska
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 am

See other thread (international resolution of mining issue) for formal Act. Sign and make change suggestions.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum