Free Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flags and National Anthems

4 posters

Go down

Flags and National Anthems Empty Flags and National Anthems

Post  Apanii Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 pm

I wasn't sure where else to post it as it didn't seem quite prudent enough for the Office of the Minister of Cultural Development. What is the flag of your nation? Does it represent anything? Do you have a flag for your army/navy/airforce/civillians or any states/provinces that may be included in your nation?

Has your nation got a national anthem? Is it compulsory to learn or perform?

There was a thread like these on the NS forums, but I'm more interested in the nations in my own region.
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

http://www.myspace.com/Pikuni_Siksika_Girl

Back to top Go down

Flags and National Anthems Empty Re: Flags and National Anthems

Post  THeOutland Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:06 pm

i believe we are in the process of make all previously stated things hopefully this post will push things along
THeOutland
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Haightstock's flag is a inverse of the Cult of Ecstasy's sigil, the Black Lotus.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_Ecstasy

As for the National Anthem, many different versions of it are sung and played, ranging to basic singing to rock n' roll, and techno. It's then ended with the lighting of a joint.

(For those who don't know, the Cult of Ecstasy is the inspiration for Haightstock. They're a mage Tradition from White Wolf's Mage: The Ascension game. Fucking awesome tabletop game in my book. And I still need to make the lyrics to the National Anthem)

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 am

Haightstock wrote:Haightstock's flag is a inverse of the Cult of Ecstasy's sigil, the Black Lotus.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_Ecstasy

As for the National Anthem, many different versions of it are sung and played, ranging to basic singing to rock n' roll, and techno. It's then ended with the lighting of a joint.

(For those who don't know, the Cult of Ecstasy is the inspiration for Haightstock. They're a mage Tradition from White Wolf's Mage: The Ascension game. Fucking awesome tabletop game in my book. And I still need to make the lyrics to the National Anthem)
Haightstock's national anthem is going to be very popular with Apaniians Laughing
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:59 am

Apanii's national anthem: "Blessings on Apanii"
May the sun never set on Apanii
Oh beloved motherland!
May we ever be blissfully free
And thrive by our own hand!

Warriors of Spirit
Long shall our Queen reign!
Trouble, we do not fear it
Long shall we remain!

Apanii home of the true!
Humble Warriors all
We will live and die for you!
Apanii we heed your call

Apanii's national flag
Flags and National Anthems Apaniiflagsmall
The word in the middle says Siksika which means Blackfoot in Blackfoot. It's a tribute to our foundations as a primarily Blackfoot society. It's written in the Blackfoot Syllabics which are only used for ceremonial and patriotic purposes. Otherwise, all documents written in Piegan Blackfoot use the Roman alphabet. The national colors are traditional medicine wheel colors which represent the four colors of man, the four seasons, the four directions and spirituality.

The Queen's Standard
Flags and National Anthems ApaniistandardSMALL
Features our national animal, the wolf which is sacred to the Blackfoot people and are viewed as our brothers. The wolf taught the first humans how to live and work together for the greater good and as such, the Queen is often represented as a wolf in the sacred red color. What looks like a cross is actually a Blackfoot stylized butterfly or "apanii" from which our nation derives its name. It represents holy visions, important news and strength of spirit.

The Apaniian Army flag
Flags and National Anthems ApaniiarmyflagSMALL
Features a traditional war shield with the paw print of a gray wolf and flanked by two butterflies representing Apanii.

The Apaniian Airforce flag
Flags and National Anthems ApaniiairforceSMALL
Features an Anishinabeg style thunderbird with the colors of Apanii in its lightning.

The Apaniian Navy flag
Flags and National Anthems ApaniinavySMALL
A Haida style killer whale, thought by many coastal tribes to be the sea's manifestation of the wolf flanked by the national colors and the word Siksika on the left and Apanii on the right.
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 am

Freakin sweetest flags EVER!
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:53 pm

why thank you! I knew that art degree wouldn't be totally useless *flexes mad MSPaint skillz*

although, for reallys, I should have done a proper job in photoshop. I like making flags, if anyone wants one/some, let me know!
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:03 pm

i did a computer art class too but i don't have soft ware here i will post if i think anyideas you could make
THeOutland
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidsboat Nation Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 pm

I also think it's cool that you developed Blackfoot cultural symbols (assumed) into each military branch's flag. Very creative. Kudos.
Aidsboat Nation
Aidsboat Nation
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:22 am

Aidsboat Nation wrote:I also think it's cool that you developed Blackfoot cultural symbols (assumed) into each military branch's flag. Very creative. Kudos.
thanks =)

The army flag and all the butterflies are taken directly from my actual tribal culture. The airforce flag is an Anishinabeg thunderbird and the whale is a Haida style killer whale. I was going to do only Blackfoot symbols, but then I figured, we're a nation of all tribes.

I had loads of downtime at work, so I made flags for my provinces as well, which I'll post as soon as I get them made in paint or photoshop. Prolly stick with paint though since that's what's on the computers at work =D
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Good job on the flags! Man, I applaud all the detail your pouring into your nation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Haightstock wrote:Good job on the flags! Man, I applaud all the detail your pouring into your nation.
It's cause I'm the mayor of nerd-town and I like to RP =D
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  THeOutland Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Apanii wrote:
Haightstock wrote:Good job on the flags! Man, I applaud all the detail your pouring into your nation.
rping is awesome that away for all us nerds to leave are boring lives and think we are awesome
THeOutland
THeOutland
Established Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:00 pm

THeOutland wrote:
Apanii wrote:
rping is awesome that away for all us nerds to leave are boring lives and think we are awesome

Laughing really though! Running my own country and writing its history is so much cooler than excel marketing spreadsheets and retail nonsense.
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:02 pm

My province flags are MSPaintified and uploaded.

Queen's Province
The smallest of Apanii's five provinces, Queen's houses the nations capitol, Niitsitapi City. The flag features Apanii's national colors, like all Apaniian flags as well as the Blackfoot style butterfly that symbolizes the nation. This flag is also used for the Queen's Guard and the Secret Service.
Flags and National Anthems QueensprovinceSMALL

Buffalo Calf Province
Bordered on the west by Haightstock and The Outland, Buffalo Calf's capital is Peltier, named for Indigenous American political prisoner, Leonard Peltier. Buffalo Calf is also home to two national parks: Dragging Canoe National Park and Crowdog National Park. The flag features a medicine buffalo skull and hawk feathers.
Flags and National Anthems BuffalocalfprovinceSMALL

Yellow Bear Province
The capitol of Yellow Bear is Thathunka Iyotake and home to Bearbull National Park, named for a Blackfoot medicine man. Yellow Bear is also home to the current men's shinny champions, Elk Dog Shinny Club. Yellow Bear's capitol is Crowfoot. Its flag features a Zuni style bear flanked above and below by Blackfoot style stars.
Flags and National Anthems YellowbearprovinceSMALL

Sun Stealer Province
Sun Stealer's capital is Piitamakan Falls, it is also the headquarters of the current women's shinny champions: Medicine Lake Shinny Club. Big Wolf National Park is also located within the borders of Sun Stealer. Sun Stealer's flag features a Haida style raven. A popular story from the Indigenous tribes of the coast describes the raven as having once been a bird of many colors. In his endeavor to steal the sun and give it to the People, Raven burnt his feathers an eternal black and ruined his beautiful voice for all time.
Flags and National Anthems SunstealerprovinceSMALL

Black Horse Province

The capital of Black Horse is Ponokimiitaa and White Forest National Park is within its borders. Black Horse is known for its excellent quality horses and every summer, a national rodeo and riding competition takes place in its capital. The flag features a Blackfoot style buffalo runner horse.
Flags and National Anthems BlackhorseprovinceSMALL
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Flags and National Anthems Empty The offical Anthem of the Holy Empire of Eavan

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Apanii Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm

lol you are so...you. That's tight as hell though. Now get over here and drink some beer with me!
Apanii
Apanii
Regular Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramstandard Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:12 am

National flag of Gramstandard
This is the official state flag for the free Land of Gramstandard, adopted on August 30, 3677 ASC.
Flags and National Anthems Gramstandard__3
Citizen's Flag of Gramstandard
This is the citizen's flag of Gramstandard, a cultural reminder of the citizen's role over that of the state, and of each individual contribution towards the betterment of a Free Society.

It was retired as the National Flag of Gramstandard on August 30, 3677 ASC, and adopted 366 days later as the first ever Citizen's Flag of Gramstandard, a testament to the legacy of this design.
Flags and National Anthems Gramstandardsmall

For In This Land, I Love
The Sun, you'll watch it rise again
o'er sparkling seas of sand.
On crystal waves, may dreams embark,
for in this land, I love.

On rocky hills of juniper,
or star filled skies above,
I'll sing it loud, I'll sing it proud,
for in this land, I love.
Gramstandard
Gramstandard